Thursday, February 11, 2021

Flat Bread Gluten free


The thinner the better on these I find.  Enjoyable for a change ;-) . For a regular flour recipe for those that can have gluten just sub regular flour (I have not tried regular flour however)

Note: for a different version with oil and herbs go here https://nannykimsrecipes.blogspot.com/2022/05/flat-bread-gf.html?m=0

This recipe makes 4


1 cup King Arthur's Gluten Free Measure for Measure flour

1 and 1/2 teaspoons of Baking powder

1/4 teaspoon of salt

1/2 cup plus a few more rounded tablespoons of Greek Yogurt (works with regular plain yogurt too)


Mix the flour and the baking powder and salt together. Add the 1/2 cup of Greek Yogurt mixing with a spoon.  It will probably be too dry so add more by adding a heaping tablespoon at a time.  Mix with your fingers adding more yogurt until you have a nice ball formed. On a floured cutting board cut the ball into 4 equal sections. Round each section into a ball and then roll out with a rolling pin. I like mine as thin as possible.  You can experiment.  Sometimes I get them to a certain thickness and then flatten them more when placed in the hot pan.

I used a non-stick ceramic pan and did one at a time cooking about 2 minutes on each side.  (You flip after 2 minutes).  So it takes about a total of 4 minutes.  You want them browned as in photo.

NOTE: I prefer cooking it in my flat iron skillet---great with just a tiny bit of olive oil. 

 

2 comments:

nannykim said...

Medium heat

nannykim said...

Ok— I love these- and cooks even better in my iron skillet!!!