Thursday, August 1, 2019

Meatballs - bean balls VEGAN GF



 takes minutes, my favorite GF  I omit Black pepper–great with Spaghetti sauce: https://holycowvegan.net/vegan-barbecue-meatballs/


Good for potluck too.

Ingredients--go to link for how to---took me 5 minutes!

Ingredients

For meatballs:

* optional-a few teaspoons of dill pickle juice is good too or relish 
* in place of cumin can use some ginger, turmeric, cardamom and coriander in amounts desired 
  • (I used just a few squirts--of oil-in pan-didn't need as much as called for since I have a ceramic pan) 

I mixed all ingredients -except oil- in a big bowl and then did it in batches in the food processor since my processor is small.  You want them chopped well , but you don't want paste--check the link on the original recipe for more details. If you don't use organic ones the beans may not be as soft and you may need to add more Ketchup. You pulse it about 6 to 8 times per batch.

  • Form into balls--mine made about 13 large balls--If you do one inch balls it makes more like 20-23 balls.
  • I cooked a temperature between low and medium in the pan for just a few minutes with a few squirts of oil--to brown then added sauce.
The linked recipe has a BQ sauce homemade. These are great with BQ sauce , but we also like them with spaghetti sauce.
pS can bake instead at 375 on parchment lined pan for 15 minutes turning once after the first 15 minutes. So about 7 minutes each side.


No comments: