Monday, May 16, 2011

Broccoli Walnut salad



I like this version of the broccoli salad. I got it from Lottie at my blue cottage and it can be found :http://mybluecottage.blogspot.com/2011/04/broccoli-walnut-salad.html#comment-form
I like it even served immediately---my picture is not very good!

Broccoli Walnut Salad
Serves 2 (Just double the recipe for 4)

2 cups fresh broccoli, cut into small pieces
2 tablespoons chopped walnuts (I used pecans because didn't have walnuts on hand)
2 tablespoons raisins (I omitted)
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
2 teaspoons lemon juice
2 teaspoons sugar
______________________________

In a small bowl, mix broccoli, walnuts, and raisins.
Combine mayonnaise, lemon juice, and sugar. Mix
into salad. Cover and refrigerate 1 hr. ( STOP! Wait
until the next day! It is too good then!) ME--I ate immediately and it was still good!

No comments: