Wednesday, December 12, 2007

pecan pumpkin pie (Gluten Free)

This was the best pumpkin pie I have ever had. The basic regular recipe comes form the homepun heart blog. I altered it and made it without the crust for a gluten free recipe.

 Recipe:One graham cracker crust (I omitted but you could make one with GF grams if you can find GF )
1-15 oz. can pumpkin
1-14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
1 egg (better with 2)
1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice* or 1 Tablespoon is what many use

Mix these ingredients together and pour into crust. Bake for 15 minutes at 425. Then reduce oven heat to 350.
1/4 c. brown sugar
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
2 Tbsp. flour (I substituted gluten free pancake mix bUT IS  better with GF bisquick)
2 Tbsp. cold butter
3/4 c. walnuts*(I did pecans)

Mix together flour, brown sugar, and cinnamon - cut in butter. Stir in walnuts. Sprinkle over the pie when you reduce the oven. Bake at 350 for 40 minutes or until a knife comes out clean.

No comments: