Thursday, August 16, 2012

Breakfast apple cinnamon quinoa



This makes a nice comfy gluten free breakfast. I also like it for a yummy snack in the evening. It makes 4 servings or so. The picture above was taken before adding the syrup and milk.

2 partially cooked apples (nuke in microwave), sliced
1 cup of rinsed quinoa
2 cups of water
4 ounces of applesauce
1/2 to 1 tsp of cinnamon or more to taste
brown sugar or maple syrup
almond milk
salt to taste
nuts such as walnuts would be optional to add

I nuked my apples a bit ( you want them a bit soft) before adding them to the 2 cups water and 1 cup of rinsed quinoa. I added the cinnamon and a pinch of salt. I cooked for about 15 minutes until the quinoa was done (it sprouts tails and the water is mostly absorbed). Then I added some applesauce. Serve in bowls add milk and syrup and whatever else you may desire. You can refrigerate and eat during the week as well just adding the milk and syrup when ready.



No comments: