Saturday, May 9, 2020

Gluten free Cornbread for crockpot

Gluten free cornbread for crockpot

Crockpot cornbread GF


Gluten free crockpot cornbread--so yummy-I used 4 and 1/2 quart crockpot
1 cup yellow cornmeal (I use a very fine yellow one from Palmetto Farms, SC https://palmettofarms.com/
1/3  cup of sugar (I forgot and yet I still loved it--corn adds sweetness)
1 rounded teaspoon of baking powder
1/2 teaspoon of salt
3/4 cup gluten free Bisquick mix
2 eggs
3/4 cup of milk (I used the coconut milk that comes in a carton)
1/3 cup veg oil
3/4 cup corn
Line crockpot with parchment paper (if you don’’t have sub foil) coat lightly with cooking spray. Mix eggs and milk and then add the rest mixing well. Pour into the lined crockpot. Cook on high 1 o 1 1/2 hours or until center is set. Mine took one hour. I used a toothpick to test--make sure you don't over cook.
Note: In my new 6 qt crockpot it took 1 hour and 27 minutes Using frozen corn. Do not make it in my small crockpot as the center doesn’t cook well.
Note if you want the recipe to be normal instead of GF go here: https://cookiesandcups.com/crock-pot-corn-bread/  When using regular flour instead of the GF Bisquick mix you use more salt and baking powder --you use 1 tab of baking powder and 1 teaspoon of salt if using plain flour. 

No comments: