Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Red Cabbage, Edamame,red pepper/pineapple salad



Great Recipe

 I love the flavors of this salad . It is a very nice combination and is sweet and crunchy


Serves 6
30 minutes or fewer
Perfect for potlucks, this salad keeps its crunchy texture.
  • 1 ½ cups frozen shelled edamame
  • 2 cups thinly sliced red cabbage
  • 1 orange bell pepper, cored, seeded, and thinly sliced (I used red)
  • 1 cup finely diced pineapple
  • ¼ cup golden raisins
  • 16 smoked almonds, coarsely chopped (I omitted, but would be good)
  • ¼ cup chopped fresh mint (my store didn't carry it! so I didnt use it)
  • 2 Tbs. fresh lime juice
  • 2 Tbs. honey
  • ¼ tsp. chile-garlic sauce (I just sprinkled some chili powder and garlic powder on mine)
Bring small pot of water to a boil. Add frozen edamame, and cook 10 minutes. Drain, and refresh under cold water. Transfer to large bowl; add cabbage, bell pepper, pineapple, raisins, almonds, mint, lime juice, honey, and chile-garlic sauce. Toss well, and season with salt and pepper, if desired.

No comments: