Monday, May 9, 2011

oatmeal cake (like coffee cake)




The above photo is the cake topped with apple butter and cooked apples/ yum for the fall!


This is a very moist cake. It has no flour and I don't have trouble with oatmeal as some celiacs might. Bob's makes a gluten free oats--I can use the regular. This is easy, fast, low in sugar and low in fat. It is fantastic warm, good with or without fruit. I don't use syrup for topping , but some like to. Got this recipe from a friend who has a bed and breakfast. I used ALMOND MILK

Good served by itself or warm with blueberries or with warm maple syrup

I have used the old fashioned rolled oats in this as well and I really like it that way as well! I let it sit a bit before cooking- 





After stirring well until blended you let it stand 5 minutes to absorb moisture.
Pour mixture into a greased 8 by 8 baking dish and bake at 350 degrees for 25 or 30 minutes or until knife inserted comes out clean. (mine --25). cut into squares and serve

1 comment:

Natasha in Oz said...

That looks delicious and so healthy as well. Thanks for tip on using almond milk too!

Best wishes,
Natasha.