Friday, September 12, 2008

Turkey Tomato pasta sauce


I got this recipe from Taste of Home--my husband really liked it so I am recording it here for variety.


1 pound turkey Italian sausage, links, casing removed ( I didn't remove them , but next time I will)
1/2 cup chopped green onions (I used regular, but would be good with the green ones)
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 tsp olive oil
2 cans diced tomatoes, undrained (14 1/2 oz each)
1/2 cup dry white wine
1 cup loosely packed fresh basil, minced
1 tsp dried oregano
Cooked spaghetti


Saute sausage, onions and garlic until Sausage is no longer pink. Drain.
Add the tomatoes, wine, basil and oregano. Bring to a boil and then reduce and summer, uncovered for ten minutes until heated through. Serve over spaghetti. Add cheese if desired.




No comments: