Friday, May 17, 2013

kidney bean /pepper salad



This is nice and the lemon juice adds some nice flavors.
I found it here
http://delectablyhealthy.blogspot.com/2011/12/mediterranean-inspired-kidney-bean.html?m=1

3 cans of kidney beans
1 red bell pepper - diced
1 yellow bell pepper - diced
1/2 red onion - diced
1 small bunch of parsley - chopped

2 lemons - juiced
1 tbs olive oil
salt to taste

1. Start off with draining and rinsing the kidney beans, then toss them in a bowl or tupperware.
2. Mix in your diced bell peppers, onion, and parsley. 
3. Drizzle the olive oil and mix well.
4. Add desired amount of lemon. I love lemon so I will use two or more lemons.
5. Salt to taste.

This recipe is extremely easy and very hard to mess up. You can always add and subtract ingredients, its all up to your preference. When I am making a big batch for a party I will add orange and green bell peppers to make it really colorful. It really doesn't matter what color bell peppers you use. I also add fresh minced garlic sometimes.

No comments: