Sunday, April 12, 2009

Pasta with Roasted Tofu and Brussels Sprouts

I forgot to take a picture, but I really loved the flavor of the Brussels sprouts with the tofu --it would be good even without the pasta. I liked the recipe just as it was, and hubby liked it with some added basil pesto. I got this recipe from:
http://www.eatingconsciously.com/

Roasted Tofu and Brussels Sprouts


2 cups Brussels sprouts (use frozen petite or baby ones I probably used 3 cups)
1 block extra firm tofu (cubed)
4 oz whole wheat pasta (1/2 box) (or gluten free for me:I did reg. for hubby etc)
5 cloves garlic (minced or crushed)
1 tbs lemon juice (I might use more of this next time)
2 tbs olive oil (be as liberal, or cut back as much as you like)
salt and pepper (to taste)
hubby liked added basil pesto

On a baking sheet, place the Brussels sprouts and tofu cubes, put them into a 350 degree oven for 20-25 minutes, or until the tofu and Brussels sprouts begin to brown. NOTE: MINE TOOK LONGER SINCE I DIDN'T THAW THE BRUSSELS SPROUTS--I ENDED UP TURNING ON THE BROILER FOR A FEW MINUTES. Cook the pasta. In a large pan, over low heat add the oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper and just allow the garlic to infuse the oil for 5 minutes or so. When they're ready, remove the Brussels sprouts and tofu and add them to the oil. Add the pasta as well. Stir to combine and serve!

2 comments:

Ted M. Gossard said...

Hi Nannykim!,

My husband Ted pointed me to this blog as he thought i'd find it interesting. Definately so!! We started eating mostly vegan since 2002 when i started attending a vegan potluck which is held at our former church. It is led by a couple who were trained as health miniters at Hallelujah Acres in Shelby, NC.
We are encouraged to bring recipes with our vegan dishes to share. Pat then compiles and prints them out on a sheet of paper for us to take home with us. The highlight of the potluck is not just the good food but also the educational info. we get after the meal in watching a Dvd by Dr. McDougal or Dr. Joel Furhman for example.
It is always good to learn of different variations of vegan dishes. I'm glad Ted brought my attention to your blog!!

Deb

nannykim said...

Sounds like a wonderful meeting or group!! Wish we had something like that here. I wish you would start a recipe blog and put recipes you have enjoyed on it!! (to help others like us!!)