Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Roasted vegetable loaded potato (brussels sprout/cauliflower)


I found this in Southern Living Sept 2012---I love the veggies by themselves next to a baked potato--below are the veggies themselves. I didn't have a purple onion , but a regular onion--it was tasty.



3 cups chopped fresh cauliflower
2 cups sliced fresh Brussels sprouts (I used baby frozen which I nuked for 4 min first)
1/2 medium size red onion sliced (I used a large sweet white onion)
1 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp. freshly ground pepper
1/4 cup golden raisins (I forgot)
1/4 cup chopped toasted walnuts (I forgot)
2 Tbsp lite bottled Italian vinaigrette (I used a balsamic vinaigrette)

What I did.... I used my outback baked potato recipe (rub large potato with butter and sprinkle with Kosher salt--large granule kind--prick with a fork and bake in oven in foil lined pan at 425). After baking for 25 minutes mix your top 6 ingredients and place alongside the potatoes in the pan. Cook another 30 to 35 minutes until everything is done. Some potatoes might take longer depending on the size, but most will be done.  The recipe says to toss the veggies with raisins, walnuts and vinaigrette and spoon over the potatoes. I just mixed them with the vinaigrette and served alongside my potatoes.

1 comment:

Traffic Pulse India said...

You really make it appear so easy along with your presentation however I to find this matter to be actually something which I feel I would by no means understand. It sort of feels too complex and very extensive for me. I am looking ahead on your next submit, I’ll try to get the hang of it!
Antique Shops