Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Gluten and Dairy-free pancakes


I love these mixed as below and they have no eggs, no milk, no added oil....yet they are nice and flavorful and MOIST. MUCH BETTER THAN THE DIRECTIONS ON THE BAG'S PACKAGE!
However if you don't have Bob's gluten free pancake mix you can go here to make it from scratch.
1 ripe banana , mashed
2 cups water
1/2 cup uncooked quick oatmeal (most agree this is gluten free unless contaminated in manufacturing--there are guaranteed gluten free ones available)
1 and 1/2 cups of Bob's Red Hill Gluten Free Pancake mix
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 to 1/2 tsp nutmeg
vanilla extract to taste (I did about 1/2 a cap full).
Mix banana and water.Add dry ingredients --leaving some lumps. Cook as you do normal pancakes. This can be used for Waffles also--you can add a bit more or less of the mix to make it thicker or thinner for the pancakes. I cooked these in my iron fry pan--after heating the pan it cooked great at level 4 on my stove.

No comments: