Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Spinach mushroom quiche

I just wanted a quick quiche for a late breakfast today. This would be good with more cheese, but my body doesn't need all of that fat.....This is crustless.  Note I think this would be better with the spinach cooked.

Ingredients:

frozen spinach that has been thawed (I nuked about 10 ounces in the microwave for about 2-3 min)
mushrooms (I used a partial jar of mushrooms--use as much as you like Note: I think spinach would be better fully cooked.
4 eggs
1 cup of milk (for SCD use special milk or could try the homemade yogurt)
grated cheddar (I used about 1/3 of a cup but more would be nice ) Swiss would be better if you can have it!
parmesan cheese (I just sprinkled it on).
onions (would be a good option I forgot)
salt and pepper

Preheat oven to 350. Lightly oil pie plate. Place thawed chopped spinach on the bottom of pie plate.. Sprinkle with mushrooms. If you want some chopped onion add here.  Sprinkle with cheddar and parmesan . Mix the eggs and milk in a bowl and pour over all. Bake around 40 minutes or until knife inserted midway comes out clean and the quiche has some browning on the edges. 

2 comments:

nannykim said...

You can use 1/3 cup parmigiana and just use cheddar cheese as flavoring. I prefer cooking the spinach first.

nannykim said...

Also I often use 5 eggs if they are not really big.