Monday, October 5, 2020

Vegetable soup/ easy stove or crockpot




This is one of my favorite soups and it takes minutes to assemble. I found it here:  https://crockpotlad ies.com/recipe/crock-pot-vegetable-beef-soup/

I do it on the stove top but they give crock pot directions. Makes about 6- 8 servings depending on what you add.    I use 

Beyond Meat, Beef Free Crumbles Beefy, 10 Ounce instead of the hamburger meat---you could make it with just the veggies. I also use regular red potatoes with some skin on which I cube and cook while frying the onions and crumbles.  Here are the ingredients


Ingredients
  • 1 Pound Extra Lean Ground Beef (me Beyond meat)
  • 46 Ounces Canned Vegetable Juice Such As V8 Brand (I use 64 ounces)
  • 14.5 Ounces Canned Corn Drained
  • 16 Ounces Frozen Mixed Vegetables
  • 14.5 Ounces Canned Diced Potatoes (I use my own fresh)
  • Onion-  I add about 1/2 a large onion.
  • celery--I slice thin and add to the pot with the veggies
  • sometimes I add a bit of vegetable broth and GF pasta
I just saute the onion and beyond meat and cube and cook some red potatoes---this all takes about 10 minutes. Then I add everything to a big pot and cook for 20-30 minutes until the veggies are done. Go to link for crockpot directions.

 

No comments: