Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Tofu Scramble from eatingconsciously


Great with onions and red bell pepper too and bokchoy

This is my picture of what I had for lunch--I couldn't believe how yummy this was---a great substitute for scrambled eggs. I found this at :http://eatingconsciously.blogspot.com/2009/03/tofu-scramble.html He is going to make an online cook book soon ! THIS IS HIS RECIPE:


"Tofu Scramble

1 TBS Earth Balance, or olive oil
1 small onion (chopped)
1 clove garlic (minced)
1 block extra firm tofu (crumbled) [I only had firm and it worked SWELL ;-)
2 TBS nutritional yeast {}
1/4 tsp turmeric
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 C frozen peas (optional--but REALLY adds to the flavor)

soy sauce -optional

In a large pan, heat the Earth Balance, onions, and garlic over medium heat until the onions become translucent.{I like adding a sprinkling of soy sauce to the onions--adds a nice flavor to them} Add the crumbled tofu, nutritional yeast, turmeric, salt and pepper, and the peas if desired. Allow to continue to heat until everything is nice and hot. Serve with two slices of whole wheat toast, or on it's own. "


Another way I like it: 


Extra firm tofu scrambled with turmeric, onions, mushrooms, and fresh oregano from the garden added at end. Salt and pepper .

No comments: