I found this recipe for black eye pea salad here http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/black_eyed_pea_artichoke_salad.html
However I am on a special diet for a while so I made it with the black eyed peas for the guys, and I used Ford-ham Lima beans for me and they are both tasty. I used about 1/2 the recipe
Frozen artichoke hearts are great to have on hand for just this type of easy salad. If you can't find frozen, go for the canned variety but keep in mind that they do have added sodium. You can rinse them under cool water to remove some of the sodium.
6 servings | Active Time: 15 minutes | Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 9-ounce package frozen artichoke hearts, thawed (I used canned)
- 2 15-ounce cans black-eyed peas, rinsed (I used frozen ones that I cooked)
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Cut each artichoke in half. Combine with black-eyed peas, onion, vinegar, oil, Worcestershire sauce and caraway seeds. Season with salt and pepper.
Per serving : 167 Calories; 5 g Fat; 1 g Sat; 3 g Mono; 0 mg Cholesterol; 25 g Carbohydrates; 8 g Protein; 8 g Fiber; 364 mg Sodium; 379 mg Potassium