PHOTO PROBLEM

Photos MAY BE temporarily down due to photobucket probems!! SORRY

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Crock pot Vegetable curry from Wendy



This was delicious. Even my hubby who does not often like curry dishes liked this one!. I found this at Wendy's blog here: http://relativelyunique.blogspot.com/2009/11/crock-pot-vegetable-curry-recipe.html I even like this by itself as a veggie dish!

This would be even more fantastic served with mango chutney! People that eat meat can add chicken to this dish.

Ingredients:

3 Potatoes, chopped
1 Broccoli head, chopped
1 1/2 cups mixed vegetables
3 Tomatoes, chopped (can use 1 can diced tomatoes)
3/4 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp chili powder
1 1/2 tsp cumin
1 tsp curry
1 Cup water
(add chicken thighs if desired)



Preparation:

Place all ingredients in a crock pot or slow cooker. Cook on low for 5 to 6 hours.

Serve over rice.

Makes 6 servings


I like this because it is VERY EASY to put together and doesn't require a ton of ingredients. I ended up putting in some extra baby lima beans and corn and celery and carrots for the mixed veggie part since I was out of the packaged kind. I can't wait to make this again with a whole head of broccoli--I used a frozen mixed thing that had a nice mixture of broccoli, summer squash, carrots etc--I do love the flavor this gave so I think I would use it again...but more broccoli would definetly be GRAND. I would definetly like some mango chutney with this.

No comments: