Saturday, November 14, 2009

Crock pot Vegetable curry from Wendy



This was delicious. Even my hubby who does not often like curry dishes liked this one!. I found this at Wendy's blog here: http://relativelyunique.blogspot.com/2009/11/crock-pot-vegetable-curry-recipe.html I even like this by itself as a veggie dish!

This would be even more fantastic served with mango chutney! People that eat meat can add chicken to this dish.

Ingredients:

3 Potatoes, chopped
1 Broccoli head, chopped
1 1/2 cups mixed vegetables
3 Tomatoes, chopped (can use 1 can diced tomatoes)
3/4 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp chili powder
1 1/2 tsp cumin
1 tsp curry
1 Cup water
(add chicken thighs if desired)
3 chopped apples with or without skin
Handful golden raisins 


Also good with chickpeas and coconut milk added at the end


Preparation:

Place all ingredients in a crock pot or slow cooker. Cook on low for 5 to 6 hours. Note: better if adding broccoli later in the cooking( will have to test at some point).

Serve over rice.Good with peanuts or cashews served on top.

Makes 6 servings


I like this because it is VERY EASY to put together and doesn't require a ton of ingredients. I ended up putting in some extra baby lima beans and corn and celery and carrots for the mixed veggie part since I was out of the packaged kind. I can't wait to make this again with a whole head of broccoli--I used a frozen mixed thing that had a nice mixture of broccoli, summer squash, carrots etc--I do love the flavor this gave so I think I would use it again...but more broccoli would definetly be GRAND. I would definetly like some mango chutney with this.

No comments: