Tuesday, July 20, 2010

David's Lentil Soup


I got this recipe from a friend in Seattle. This is easy to make and yummy. Note--this is a close up of my little cup of soup--I do like some large pieces of veggies--do what you prefer!


2 cups lentils
8 stalks of celery
1 large sweet onion
2 T chopped fresh basil
1 cup diced Chinese cabbage (I used part regular cabbage since my chinese was old!)
5 cups of water (I used more like 7-8 cups)
1/3 cup Braggs liquid aminos (I used more like 1/4 of GF soy sauce--I don't have Braggs and you need to taste to gauge the salt content--some are saltier than others)
3 large bay leaves
1/2 t sage (I used fresh--several leaves)
1/2 t marjoram
1/2 t rosemary (I used fresh)
1/2 t celery seeds
I added some fresh thyme--just a bit
I added some black pepper freshly ground when serving.

Cook the lentils in 4 of the cups of water. (I used more like 6)
When the lentils are cooked then add the remaining cup of water and everything
else and cook it all.

No comments: