Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Chili Roasted Chickpeas from Southern Living



Nice snack--we love these. I have another recipe like this on the blog with different seasonings, I believe!

Preheat oven to 425

Combine 2 (16 oz) cans of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
3 Tbsp olive oil (I only used a 1 Tbsp--a little under 1 )
1 & 1/2 tsp chili powder
1 tsp of ground black pepper (I didn't measure mine so I may have used less)
3/4 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp salt
I added about 1/4 to 1/2 tsp of tummeric (it fights cancer).

Mix all in a medium bowl and transfer to a lightly greased 17 by 12 inch jelly roll pan. Bake 45-50 minutes or until crispy and dry, stirring every 10 minutes. Let cool 20 minutes. Makes about 2 & 1/2 cups. Prep: 10 mi.

It says you can use black-eyed peas for this too! hmmmm

another recipe for a different version is here -- http://nannykimsrecipes.blogspot.com/2008/11/roasted-chickpeas.html

No comments: