Saturday, May 28, 2011

Garden Three-Bean Salad with fresh French Dressing--edamame






I found this in Better Homes and Garden and I love the crunchy texture and freshness of this salad. Makes a nice lunch or snack.

2 cups green string beans
8 cups mixed geens
2 cups shelled sweet soybeans (edamame) , thawed
1 cup canned white beans such as cannellini 0r northern beans, rinsed well
1 cup radishes quartered or sliced
fresh black pepper
1 recipe Fresh French Dressing (below)

1. In microwave safe bowl combine green beans with 1/4 cup water can add a bit of salt. Cook for 3 -5minutes. Set aside and allow to cool.

2. Place salad greens in a large salad bowl; add green beans, edamame, white beans, radishes. add some of the dressing and toss gently. Pass remaining dressing. Makes 8 servings (or less if having as a lunch).

FRENCH DRESSING

In a blender combine 2 medium tomatoes (halved and seeded--I didn't bother seeding); 1/4 cup olive oil ( I only used about a tablespoon since I am cutting back), 2-3 tbsp red wine vinegar; 2 tbsp tomato paste (I used ketchup), 1 tbsp fresh tarragon (I used about 1 tsp dried fresh would be better), and 2 tsp dijon mustard. Cover and process until blended. Season with salt and pepper.

No comments: