Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Quinoa with seasonings and lamb



This was red quinoa . I used a cup of uncooked red quinoa and rinsed it and cooked it in 1 and 1/2 cups of water (I added a bit more as it was cooking). I cooked it for 20-25 minutes and threw in about 1-2 tablespoons of cooked lamb that I had in the freezer with the following seasonings:

mint
cumin
chili
cinnamon
coriander (ground)
salt
ginger (ground)
onion flakes

I added the seasoning to taste--using more of the ginger and cumin than the rest.
I served it with chopped cucumbers and tomatoes. It would look prettier if you chopped these more evenly and put some mint leaves on it ;-) Makes 3-4 servings.

PS. Raisins in place of the lamb might be good. I will have to try sometime. I think I may try this with some coconut too. Black beans would be good with this too.

Ps. If reheating a little olive oil would be good

No comments: