Monday, April 6, 2009

Butternut Squash Salad

Picture is a bit blurry--but we loved this! And such a quick way to cook the squash. You have to cook and cool it for the salad. This had wonderful flavor. I never thought of having squash in a salad. I found this at 30salads30days.com




Butternut Squash Salad
Serves 4


½ Roasted butternut squash
4 cups mixed greens
1/3 cup spicy pecans (I just used regular pecans}
¼ cup dried cranberries
½ cup Litehouse Blue Cheese crumbles {I did not use this because it has gluten}
½ cup Litehouse Balsamic Vinaigrette, Raspberry Walnut, Pomegranate Blueberry, or Cranberry {I used Paul Neman's lite Balsamic Vinaigrette)

Cut squash in ½ lengthwise, remove seeds. Put in microwave 8 minutes, covered. Remove skin and cut into ½" cubes. Cool squash. Layer mixed greens, squash, spicy pecans, dried cranberries, and Litehouse Bleu Cheese crumbles. Pour over Litehouse Balsamic Vinaigrette

No comments: