Monday, December 30, 2013

Cauliflower hash-browns! So good.




  This was delicious!! It only takes a few minutes--this is my new love! Cauliflower hash-browns Yum. I just added the egg at the end and covered the pan for a few minutes until the egg was as I desired.

I found this online here--http://www.anediblemosaic.com/?p=14484  but I cooked it my own way:

oil--I used just a teaspoon of coconut oil.
cauliflower chopped small--use as much as you desire (I have a neat little hand chopper that is quick)
onion--I used 3/4 of a medium one for my fry pan--do according to your taste
smoked paprika (the smoked kind gives a nice flavor)--just sprinkle it over the cauliflower
salt and pepper to taste
1 or 2 tab of water
garlic--3 cloves or whatever
egg if desired



1. Directions: heat oil in pan. Have skillet medium to medium hi and place cauliflower, and onions in the pan. Do not stir. Let them sit for 2 minutes and add the garlic and allow to sit another minute or so until the cauliflower starts to brown.

2. Add the smoked paprika, salt and pepper and stir Add the water and stir. Cover and continue heating until the cauliflower is a nice brown color and tender.

3. If using an egg--make a space in the center and drop the egg in there. Cover and cook until the egg is the way you like it.

No comments: