Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Brown rice cooked in Crock pot



I think I found this at homeshalom.blogspot.com

This is easy and is a very helpful recipe! i used my small crock and it filled it (I think this is a 2 quart crock? Mine cooked 2 & 1/2 hours on high because I was out running errands and it came out perfectly!!

HERE IS WHAT SHE SAID:


"This has become my favorite way to cook rice! I get a big pot full of rice to use for dinner and later for leftovers, and I don't have to pay attention to my stove (which boils hot!). I mix in all kinds of seasoning and flavors, as the mood strikes...but I am going to share with you the staple way to make rice in your cooker.

5C Water or Broth
2C Brown Rice
2 tsp salt
1T butter or coconut oil

Grease the walls of the crock, out your rice and water in.
Cook on High for 2 and a quarter to 2 1/2 hours or Low for 5 hours

* Rice tip - No matter the amount of rice or the size of the pot or wether you are cooking it in a steamer, on the stove on in the crock remember this tip: pour your rice in the bottom and gently pour water/broth over top until it reaches 1" above the rice. You will never need to measure your rice or your water again. It comes out perfect every time!"

Check out her blog for more ideas!

--



No comments: