Friday, November 14, 2008

White Wine Turkey Breast for the crock pot

This is really good for sandwiches....but not so good if you want it as a roast for a meal because its sauce is too spicy for gravy. Wait 🤪 I CHANGED MY MIND!! I do enjoy this for dinner 😁(another good recipe for Turkey Breast with the bone in for a holiday meal is found at this other post http://nannykimsrecipes.blogspot.com/2008/11/apple-bourbon-turkey-breast.html but the crock pot recipe is here below----- I made this with a Turkey Breast Roast which is slightly different from a plain Turkey Breast. This is a picture of some of it sliced. I liked this but it was a bit salty--I have been on a pretty low salt diet--I used a Butterball Turkey Breast Roast and this apparently has added salt. I do not know where I found this recipe. The sauce that it makes is not good for gravy unless you like a spicy tang which I do sometimes enjoy for a change-it is good for adding flavor to the turkey. 1 (2-3 pound) turkey breast 1/4 cup lemon juice 1 tsp rosemary 1 tsp oregano 2 Tab Dijon mustard (these vary in strength) 1/2 cup dry white wine salt and pepper to taste 2 cloves of garlic Put all ingredients in crock on low with skin on bottom and cook 6- hours basting occasionally if possible. Mine took 6 hours. It can cook faster too.After mine was cooked, I removed the skin and put the whole turkey in a zip bag. I thickened the sauce with a tablespoon of cornstarch and about 1/8 of a cup of water mixed together and added it to crock and set it on high for 15 minutes or until thickened. Then I added this sauce to the turkey in the bag and refrigerated it for a few hours turning it occasionally to better flavor it.    You can also drizzle it over a serving after you thicken the gravy.  I f you refrigerate the gravy it thickens a bit more. If you don’t want it as spicy put less of the mustard— the brand will make a difference also. 

No comments: