PHOTO PROBLEM

Photos MAY BE temporarily down due to photobucket probems!! SORRY

Friday, November 14, 2008

White Wine Turkey Breast for the crock pot

This is really good for sandwiches....but not so good if you want it as a roast for a meal because its sauce is too spicy for gravy. (a good recipe for Turkey Breast with the bone in for a holiday meal is found at this other post http://nannykimsrecipes.blogspot.com/2008/11/apple-bourbon-turkey-breast.html but the crock pot recipe is here below-----
I made this with a Turkey Breast Roast which is slightly different from a plain Turkey Breast.
This is a picture of some of it sliced. I liked this but it was a bit salty--I have been on a pretty low salt diet--I used a Butterball Turkey Breast Roast and this apparently has added salt. I do not know where I found this recipe. The sauce that it makes is not good for gravy--it is just good for adding flavor to the turkey.

1 (2-3 pound) turkey breast
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 tsp rosemary
1 tsp oregano
2 Tab Dijon mustard (these vary in strength)
1/2 cup dry white wine
salt and pepper to taste
2 cloves of garlic

Put all ingredients in crock on low with skin on bottom and cook 6- hours basting occasionally if possible. Mine took 6 hours.

After mine was cooked, I removed the skin and put the whole turkey in a zip bag. I thickened the sauce with a tablespoon of cornstarch and about 1/8 of a cup of water mixed together and added it to crock and set it on high for 15 minutes or until thickened. Then I added this sauce to the turkey in the bag and refrigerated it for a few hours turning it occasionally to better flavor it.



No comments: