Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Red Salmon patties


This sockeye salmon has the least contaminates--Sockeye is the better one. Also I believe it has a better taste. We loved this! This is also good with grits!

1 14 oz can of salmon
1 egg
salt/pepper
(you can add any other seasonings you would like--such as onions, peppers, parsley, Texas Pete hot sauce etc--whatever!)

Mix all together . Form 4 patties. I browned them in the iron skillet with a little olive oil. Cooks up like you would cook a hamburger. We really enjoyed this.
THESE IN THE PICTURE HAD GREEN PEPPERS, RED PEPPERS, BLACK GROUND PEPPER, SALT, AND PARSLEY and ONION. It is similar to crab cakes in flavor when you add all of this. A FEW DASHES OF TEXAS PETE REALLY ADDS FLAVOR AND PUNCH.

1 comment:

Julia Dutta said...

Oh My God,
You have a wealth of goodies here. I love good food and I will be here to pick up my recipe of the day...Thanks Nans!
Julia