Thursday, January 7, 2021

Chips made from Tortillas




 This is my new LOVE.  Made from corn, GF

Ingredients:

Corn tortillas
olive oil (optional/I no longer add oil)
seasonings of choice
Dip (optional)


Take corn tortillas as those pictured in package above. Optional:Brush both sides of them with a bit of olive oil. 

Stacking  them in a pile slice into 6 pieces with scissors. I usually take about 4-5 of the tortillas to make for myself and another person. This amount will fit on one of my cookie sheets (I use the cookie sheets  that have  a bit of a side}.  Bake at 350 F for 12-15 minutes. You want them to be brown as in the photo but not too too dark.  If you don't let them get brown they will not be crisp. Remove from pan with tongs. Some brown faster than others and you can remove them from the pan as it happens.

Note: you can season these before cooking with a bit of salt and any other seasonings you desire. Great dipped in hummus or whatever dip you love.

PS I now use my homemade tortillas for making these.

You don’t have to brown them as much- try different times to see your preference.

No comments: