Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Gourmet Chicken (Ann's)

This is very tasty and good served on rice (note--not low in fat because of the oil)

1/3 cup red wine vinegar (I used 1/4 cup)
1/3 cup olive oil (I used 1/4 cup)
1/2 cup apricot jam
1/3 cup capers and a little of the juice (I used 1/4 cup)
1/2 cup sliced Spanish olives
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white wine (dry)
1/3 cup chopped cilantro (I was out and used a bit of dried)
5 garlic cloves, minced
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts browned in 2 tbs of oil (I used the tenders)

Combine all ingredients except chicken. Stir until mixed.

Heat oven 350

Season chicken with salt and pepper. Brown chicken in oil on each side. Pour mixture over chicken. Bake in a 12 by 7 inch pan for 20-30 minutes or until internal temp of chicken reaches about 180. Serve over rice!

No comments: