Tuesday, March 9, 2010
Cauliflower and Potato Curry
This was yummy. It would be good with Chicken for those of you that eat it--but it was great just the way the recipe calls for it--YUMMY. It passed my hubby's seal of approval! I found this from "Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease" by Dr. Esslstyn--good book and good recipes! good with mango chutney . Best if eaten the day you cooked it otherwise the onions seem to overwhelm it.
1 1/2 cups chopped onion
3 tsp minced fresh ginger
2-3 tab vegetable broth or wine (I used a dry white)
1 tab curry powder
3 cloves garlic, minced (about 3 teaspoons)
4 cups cauliflower florets
1 1/2 pounds red potatoes (about 4 medium), cubed--I used more and an assortment of kinds
1 28 ounce can diced tomatoes
1 package of frozen peas
1/2 cup chopped cilantro (I left out)
1. Put onion, ginger, and veg broth or wine in pot on medium high. Cover and cook about 4 minutes.
2. Reduce heat to medium. Add curry powder and garlic and cook about 1 minute, stirring constantly.
3. Add cauliflower and potatoes and cook , stirring often 5 minutes (or longer) or until they begin to soften. Mine took longer.
4. Add tomatoes, reduce heat and cook covered 15 minutes or until veggies are tender--mine took a lot longer, possibly because I didn't do step 3 long enough.
5. Stir in peas and cook covered until peas are warm, about 2 minutes.
. Add cilantro (if using), stir , and serve with a salad and bread.