Thursday, January 8, 2009

Vegetable Curry from Better Homes And Garden


I found this at Better Homes and Gardens website--next time however I would like more curry--we love this served with mango chutney--to spice it up


Ingredients
4 medium carrots, sliced
2 medium potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
1 15-ounce can garbanzo beans (chickpeas), rinsed and drained
8 ounces fresh green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 cup coarsely chopped onion
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
2 teaspoons curry powder
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 14-ounce can vegetable broth or chicken broth
1 14-1/2-ounce can diced tomatoes, undrained
Hot cooked rice
Directions
1. In a 3-1/2- to 5-quart slow cooker, combine carrots, potatoes, garbanzo beans, green beans, onion, garlic, tapioca, curry powder, coriander, crushed red pepper, salt, and cinnamon. Pour broth over all.
2. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 7 to 9 hours or on high-heat setting for 3-1/2 to 4-1/2 hours.
3. Stir in undrained tomatoes. Cover; let stand for 5 minutes. Serve over hot cooked rice. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts
Calories 407,
Total Fat (g) 3,
Saturated Fat (g) 0,
Cholesterol (mg) 0,
Sodium (mg) 1068,
Carbohydrate (g) 87,
Fiber (g) 12,
Protein (g) 13,
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Nannykim,

Thanks so much for trying out my chocolate pate recipe back in December (I just found the link to your blog!). I also posted the recipe on my own blog, Diet, Dessert and Dogs, with a photo of the small loaf pan version if you're interested (plus loads of other recipes on the blog, of course). It looks like your veggie recipes are very similar to much of what I do--I also try to eat gluten-free as much as possible. Glad I found your blog--now I'm off to explore some more of it! :)

nannykim said...

Oh--great--I will stop over for a visit!