Monday, August 5, 2019

Stove top rice pudding



I love the fact this is made on the stove--makes it easier for me! Yummy too.

You can find a good vegan recipe here: https://www.straightupfood.com/blog/2011/03/26/cardamom-raisin-rice-pudding/

I changed it a bit using left over jasmine rice ( a little over 3 cups cooked rice. Here is what I did


  • 3 cups (actually a bit more) left over jasmine rice
  • 2 cups unsweetened nondairy milk (Used coconut milk from carton 40 cal a cup) 
  • 3 ounces pitted dates (5 to 6 Medjool or 10 to 12 Deglet Noor), chopped
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (or seeds from 1 vanilla bean)
  • ½ cup brown or golden raisins
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • ½ teaspoon ground cardamom 

Directions: 

1.soak the pitted dates in the milk with the vanilla to soften. I actually microwaved mine for 4 minutes which helped to soften them quickly.Blend in a blender.

2. place the liquid mixture on the stove adding the rest of the ingredients.

3.Cook on stove 10 to 15 minutes stirring so it doesn't catch on the bottom. (10 min seemed to work for me.

4. cool in frig--it thickens as it cools.






No comments: