Wednesday, August 17, 2011

taco sauce


I found this online. The reference is at the bottom. I did use less of the hot ingredients on mine!


irections:

  1. 1
    Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat; add in onion, red pepper flakes, oregano, basil, chili powder and cumin and saute for 3 minutes.
  2. 2
    Add in fresh garlic and saute for 2 minutes.
  3. 3
    Add in salsa, tomato sauce and beef broth or water; mix with a spoon to combine.
  4. 4
    Reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered stirring occasionally for 30-40 minutes or until reduced slightly.
  5. 5
    Adjust all spices to taste then season with seasoned salt and pepper to taste.
  6. 6
    Mix in sour cream if using and heat through (do not allow to boil).
  7. 7
    OPTIONAL: you may cool the mixture then process on a food processor or a blender for a smoother texture.
I strongly suggest to make this sauce a day ahead and refrigerate as the flavors will blend together even more, and I advise that you double amounts if you are using it for enchiladas, what you do not use may be frozen for later use, this sauce freezes very well, in fact I most always make more to have handy in my freezer --- this makes a fantastic sauce for tacos or enchiladas it is the only one that I use I never purchase bottled this is much better --- the sour cream is only optional add in for a creamy-style sauce :)

Read more: http://www.food.com/recipe/kittencals-red-enchilada-or-taco-sauce-168653#ixzz1VIa6ut65

No comments: