Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Robyn's Garlic Chicken Spahetti


This is a yummy dish. Not vegan , but it is nice to have a light chicken dish every now and then. I loved the mix of flavors in this dish. I found this here:  http://simpleme1970.blogspot.com/2012/01/ready-set-cook.html

1 pound of spaghetti (I used Gluten Free)
1/2 cup of sun-dried tomatoes (not in oil)
1 cup of boiling water (to soak the sun-dried tomatoes in)
1/4 cup flour (I used a gluten free all purpose baking flour by Bob)
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 pound of chicken breast (skinless, boneless) cut in 1 inch pieces (we used less --just one big breast)
1/4 cup olive oil divided
2 & 3/4 cup sliced mushrooms (we used an 8 ounce package and sliced them -I didn't measure)
5 garlic cloves minced (I had large ones , so used 4)
1/4 cup low salt Chicken broth
1/4 cup or more fresh parsley (we used quite a bit more)
1/2 tsp dried basil (I was out -so I used quite a bit of fresh leaves cut up)
1/4 ts salt--or to taste
1/4 ts pepper or to taste
1/2 cup Parmesan (we used less just because we are cutting back on dairy)

1.Place tomatoes in the boiling water while cooking the other ingredients.
Get your water boiling for the pasta. Cook the noodles at some point while cooking the other ingredients.

2.In plastic bag combine the flour and the garlic powder--add the chicken to coat.
Saute the chicken in a bit of oil until no longer pink. Remove from pan and keep warm.
3. Saute mushrooms in oil adding 4-5 minced garlic cloves near the end so you don't burn the garlic. When the mushrooms and garlic are done add the broth, parsley, basil, and salt and pepper. Stir in the tomatoes that you have drained and the  chicken . Heat through.
4. Drain the noodles and add the chicken mixture and cheese. Toss to coat and serve.

2 comments:

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

My daughter-in-law is gluten free so I always enjoy finding new recipes like to send her. Thanks!

Scribbler said...

Thanks for visiting, as always. I thought I was following you -- oops. Now I am. Love this food blog.