Saturday, December 22, 2012

chicken tostadas



We had these one night at a Hispanic event. I really loved them. They are served with shredded barbecue
chicken, sliced lettuce and you can add shredded cheese, sour cream or whatever you desire.
I cooked the Chicken in the crock pot first.



I placed boneless, skinless chicken thighs in the little crock pot and poured about 3/4 cup of barbecue sauce over them. They did make a ton of liquid as they cooked. I cooked them 6-7 hours on low because I was busy. I had actually cooked them 1 hour on high and then the rest (5 hours) on low. But it doesn't take that long. They just fall nicely apart and are very moist.

 Corn Toastadas
 Boneless, skinless chicken thighs--as much as you want
 Barbecue Sauce (I like Weber Hickory smoked---see picture below--makes it taste like pork!)
 lettuce
 sour cream if desired
 Tomatoes if desired
  Shredded cheese, if desired.
avocados or guacamole sauce (good recipe here)


Cook the chicken in the crockpot with about 1/2 to 3/4 cup of barbecue sauce --depending on how much chicken you use--I just drizzled it over the chicken. It will make a lot of liquid as it cooks. Cook on low 5-6 hours.  (It may be done sooner, but you can cook it that long).

Shred the chicken with a fork--or however--it falls apart. Then just microwave the tostadas --takes about ten seconds to warm 3-4 of them spread out in the microwave. Assemble them with your ingredients.

No comments: