Monday, January 20, 2014

Gluten Free Cinnamon almond raisin cookies/ can also do this for chocolate chip cookies




 Man, I have a new love. These hit the spot

I used my regular recipe here http://nannykimsrecipes.blogspot.com/2013/12/almond-honey-cookies.html

and just added some cinnmon (sprinkled it in the batter) and raisins. As you can see with the egg it raises nicely. I even forgot the baking soda so you do not need it! I did a bit less on the honey since they are really sweet if you use the whole 1/4 cup.  Well here is the recipe:

Ingredients

1 1/2 cups Almond Flour (I used Bob's Almond meal/flour which has a slightly thicker texture than some others) I actually sometimes add more--like an extra 1/3 or 1/4 cup to get thicker consistency

1/4 cup Butter, melted or softened (you could sub coconut oil or do 1/2 and 1/2

1/4 cup honey (used a bit less since I like things on the less sweet side) Also I think they rise higher with the lesser amount of honey

1 egg 

1/2 t. vanilla extract (for those on SCD you have to use a kind without sugar) can use more if making chocolate chip cookies

1/4 t. salt

1/4 t. baking soda (CAN OMIT)
OPTIONAL additions--raisins or Chocolate chips (if not on SCD). and Cinnamon

DIRECTIONS:

Preheat oven to 350. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Mix ingredients and spoon out in small amounts. It will make 11 or 12, and as you see they spread when no egg is added.  IF you add an egg they won't be the FLAT way!  Cook about 11 minutes until nice and golden.

Note--for chocolate chip omit cinnamon and add chips--I do like chips and raisins!  

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.