Friday, May 29, 2009

Vegetable Tacos from Southern Living (16 cups veggies)

This was fantastic---so many veggies and the seasonings flavor it so nicely--great for soft tortillas or over rice!

Makes 16 tacos. Prep 20 minutes Cook : 20 minutes

1/2 poun fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces
2 medium zucchini, diced
2 medium tomatoes, chopped (I used cherry tomatoes cut up)
1 large red bell pepper , chopped
1 jalapeno pepper, chopped (my addition)
1/2 of a small eggplant (I used more), diced
1 small white onion, chopped
1 Tbs lime juice (I used the juice from one small lime)
1 and 1/4 tsp salt (I used way less--sea salt)
3/4 tsp garlic powder
3/4 tsp ground cumin
3/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper
1 tbs vegetable oil (I omitted)

1. Bring all ingredients except for soft taco tortillas) to boil with 1 cup water. over medium high heat in Dutch oven. Reduce to medium low and cook about 20 minutes until tender. Serve vegetables with slotted spoon with warm tortillas and desired toppings.

1 comment:

Robin said...

i really like this one-thanks so much for all these yummy recipes kim!!!