crock-Pot Brown Sugar Ham from the crock pot ladies--see link at end of post!
This was sooooo good and it just fell apart. I served it with special crockpot mashed potatoes, and home made crock pot applesauce and rosemary brussels sprouts and corn.
Author: Lady Heidi
Recipe type: Entree
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 4 hours (I cooked mine more like 6 hours--I was busy!)
Total time: 4 hours 5 mins
The key to this recipe is to let the ham sit after cooking to let it reabsorb some of the juices.
- 1 (4-5) Pound Ham (I prefer a spiral sliced ham for easy serving) (I used a semi boneless cooked ham about 5 pounds)
- 1 Cup Light Or Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cloves
- In a small bowl combine the brown sugar and ground cloves and stir to mix.
- Spread ½ of the brown sugar mixture on the bottom of a 6-7 quart oval crock-pot.(mine was more like 5 qt)
- Place ham, cut side down, into crock-pot on top of the brown sugar.
- Rub the remaining brown sugar mixture all over the rest of the ham.
- Cover and cook on low 4 hours.(I did it 6 hours)
- Turn crock-pot off and let sit for 30 minutes so that the ham can reabsorb some of the juices that will come out when cooked for a moister meat.
Spoon the remaining crock-pot ham juices over the ham when serving. Delish!http://crockpotladies.