Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Hot Rice Salad (McDougall)



Below is pictured the veggies in skillet before cooking


This only takes 15 minutes if you have your rice cooked. I had cooked mine in the crockpot earlier in the day. (for crock pot rice go to: http://nannykimsrecipes.blogspot.com/2011/02/brown-rice-cooked-in-crock-pot.html


1/2 cup vegetable broth (I usually use chicken broth because I have a hard time finding gluten free stuff in my area)
2 bunches green onions, cut in 1 inch pieces (I used regular onion)
1 stalk celery, sliced
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 zucchini, chopped
1 cup broccoli florets
1/2 teas minced garlic
1 tab parsley flakes
1/2 teaspoon basil
1/2 teaspoon dill weed
1/2 teaspoon paprika
4 cups hot cooked brown rice
1 tomato chopped (I was out of this!)

I also added some Bragg Liquid Aminos (it is like soy sauce and is gluten free---you can add soy sauce that is gluten free if you like --the La Choy brand doesn't usually have wheat). This recipe needs salt if you are not using soy sauce or Bragg's. I found this inThe McDougall quick and easy cookbook.

No comments: