PHOTO PROBLEM

Photos MAY BE temporarily down due to photobucket probems!! SORRY

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Hot Rice Salad (McDougall)



Below is pictured the veggies in skillet before cooking


This only takes 15 minutes if you have your rice cooked. I had cooked mine in the crockpot earlier in the day. (for crock pot rice go to: http://nannykimsrecipes.blogspot.com/2011/02/brown-rice-cooked-in-crock-pot.html


1/2 cup vegetable broth (I usually use chicken broth because I have a hard time finding gluten free stuff in my area)
2 bunches green onions, cut in 1 inch pieces (I used regular onion)
1 stalk celery, sliced
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 zucchini, chopped
1 cup broccoli florets
1/2 teas minced garlic
1 tab parsley flakes
1/2 teaspoon basil
1/2 teaspoon dill weed
1/2 teaspoon paprika
4 cups hot cooked brown rice
1 tomato chopped (I was out of this!)

I also added some Bragg Liquid Aminos (it is like soy sauce and is gluten free---you can add soy sauce that is gluten free if you like --the La Choy brand doesn't usually have wheat). This recipe needs salt if you are not using soy sauce or Bragg's. I found this inThe McDougall quick and easy cookbook.

No comments: