Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Chili-Chili Bang-Bang (For Crockpot--Vegan with lots of veggies)


I love this because of all the veggies and because it is in the crock. I found this from the book Fix-it and Forget-it Lightly and this recipe is by Vera Schmucker from Goshen, IN
Makes 8 servings (crock size--about 5 qt)
4 hours
1 & 1/4 cups onions, chopped coarsely
1 cup red bell peppers, chopped
1 cup green bell peppers, chopped
3/4 cup celery, chopped
3/4 cup carrots, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp. chili powder ( I used just a hair less)
1 & 1/2 cups quartered fresh mushrooms
1 cup zucchini, cubed
28 ounce can low-sodium diced tomatoes
28 ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed (I used 2 regular cans so about 30 oz)
15 ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
11 ounce can kernel corn, UNDRAINED (I used regular 14 or 15 oz can)
1 TBSp ground cumin
1-1/2 tsp dried oregano (I omitted by accident--still liked it)
1-1/2 tsp dried basil
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper (I used less!!--just a touch)
1. combine all ingredients in slow cooker.
2. Cover . Cook on high 4 hours, stirring occasionally.

No comments: