Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Crock pot chili


This recipe is from http://servinggodandfamily.blogspot.com/

1pound of beef (I used more since the package was bigger)
1/2 onion chopped (used more)
1tsp minced garlic
1 can Tomato sauce (16 oz)
1 can stewed tomatoes
1 can light kidnew beans drained
1 can chili styled red beans (the food lion brand did not have gluten at this time)
salt, pepper, chili powder, sweet basil (I added cumin)
(can add one chocolate bar)
Brown beef with onion and garlic--place in crock--add rest--cook low 6-7 hours or high for four.
quick and easy and good

4 comments:

Celestial Freak said...

Looks yummy. I'll try making this today. I love cooking with my crock-pot, the house ends up smelling so good!

Chip said...

It is good! I made it on Sunday. It's great with cheese and crackers or cornchips.

Chip said...

It is yummy. I made it on Sunday. It's great with cheese and crackers or cornchips!

nannykim said...

Yes and I made a double batch and froze some ;-) when I made it!