Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Chocolate balls


This recipe uses coconut inside and outside. I really liked these; but I like them better without the rolling in the coconut. The coconut on the inside was good, but on the outside it made them a bit wet since I used the frozen coconut and the recipe called for unsweetened coconut and the only unsweetened I could find was this frozen brand.. Next time I may delete the rolling in the coconut or use a bit of the dry sweet kind. I don't recall where I found this recipe! NOTE--I JUST SAMPLED THEM THE NEXT DAY WHEN THE COCONUT HAD A CHANCE TO DRY OUT (SINCE IT HAD BEEN FROZEN) AND IT WAS GREAT!! SO NEXT TIME I WILL MAKE THEM A BIT AHEAD SO THE COCONUT HAS A CHANCE TO DRY OUT! Or you could roll them in chopped pecans or nuts. Here are the ingredients:
1/2 cup of oatmeal (you may need a bit more of this if you use natural peanut butter)
1/4 cup moist brown sugar
1/4 cup peanut butter
4 tsp fine unsweetened coconut grated (or ground nuts or seeds)
4 tsp chopped raisins or dates
4 tsp liquid soy milk (or whatever -regular milk etc)
1 tab. unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tab. maple syrup
more coconut if you are going to roll them in it.
Grind the oatmeal in food processor until chopped well. Mix all together. Roll into large or small balls and roll in the coconut if desired.


No comments: