PHOTO PROBLEM

Photos MAY BE temporarily down due to photobucket probems!! SORRY

Friday, November 1, 2013

Chicken Tetrazzini Casserole

 photo d90b1447-e937-492e-94ac-31dd6d3d5d05.jpg
I loved this and made it gluten free

1 can (26 oz) cream of chicken soup (most cans are smaller than this)--[instead I use 1  2cup can of
                  chicken broth [16 oz]that was GF and added a bit of light cream and thicken it
                   with corn starch]
1 & 1/4 cups of milk (I just added the light cream as above--about 1/3 to 1/2 cup
3/4 cup parmesan cheese (I used less)
1 tsp onion powder OR sauté 1 medium onion and 2 cloves garlic
3 cups cooked chicken or canned chicken cubed (I just used 12oz can)
1/2 a one pound package spaghetti (break into 1 & 1/2 inch before cooking) I used 3/4 pound GF
1 can sliced mushrooms drained (or sauté 1 cup fresh (I used one jar)
bread crumbs for topping--can use ritz crackers. I used GF bread crumbs
2 T melted butter

Stir soup, milk, cheese, and onion powder in large bowl.  Add chicken, cooked mushrooms and cooked spaghetti. Spoon in 3 quart baking dish . Stir crumbs and melted butter sprinkling over the top. (I just sprinkled my crumbs and dotted with the butter] . Bake 400 degree 20 minutes or until hot and bubbling.
Makes 4-5 servings--you can double for more.

No comments: