Sunday, January 20, 2019

Breakfast Apple Risotto crockpot

Nice comfy food. I will have to get a better photo!  This is delicious.

Ingredients:

3 apples (you can also mix part peaches, or canned peaches with some of the apples-yummy)
couple handfuls of raisins
1 and 1/2 cup Arborio rice (I have used Jasmine rice--came out fine if you want to try it)
1 and 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp of  ground nutmeg
18 tsp ground cloves
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup apple juice
3 cups almond milk (or milk of choice)
a splash of maple syrup if desired (the juice, apples, raisins sweeten it. I sometimes use 2 teas of         maple syrup and can add more when serving.
optional: 4 tab of butter

Directions

Grease a 4 qt crockpot -(I use Pam). Cut up apples leaving peel on. Stir in everything and cook on high for between 2 and 2 and 1/2 hours. You want the apples nice and soft and the rice also. It depends on your slow cooker.  Or cook on low for 4-6 hours.

Note: I like cooking this ahead of time and then I refrigerate it and just heat it up in the morning. It also makes a nice dessert; tastes similar to a bread pudding. Nice served with extra milk or yogurt.

No comments: