Monday, August 3, 2009

White Bean Provencial soup





This was so tasty. I used the Bean Cuisine white bean provencial soup mix as my base--I partially followed their directions....they called for chicken with it and chicken broth which would have been good, but I wanted a vegetable meatless dish.

2 cups onions , chopped
2 cups celery, chopped
3 tsp garlic, minced (6 cloves)
4 cups water
2 13.5 oz cans of chicken broth (I used some chickpea broth I had in the freezer)
1/2 cup white wine
1 14.5 oz can tomatoes, diced
(you can put chicken--boneless in---I omitted)
1 tsp of Worcestershire sauce
salt to taste
2 cups of the slaw cabbage

saute the onions and celery and garlic--I use my iron skillet with a bit of Pam.
Place these veggies in a soup pot. Add water, broth, wine, beans, tomatoes, and spice packet that comes with the beans. Simmer for 2 hours. Add the Worcestershire sauce and cabbage and salt and cook another hour or until beans are nice and tender.

No comments: