Monday, February 10, 2014

egg and mushroom delight



 This was so tasty. I found the idea here http://www.kalynskitchen.com/2013/02/baked-eggs-mushrooms-parmesan.html


I had started this recipe and then realized I could not cook it in the oven as she described because I had some yogurt making going on in my oven.

I ended up cooking it in my iron skillet and then covering it to complete the cooking of the egg ; it was delicious.

Mushrooms/ any kind and amount you desire. I think I had bella
coconut oil/ or whatever
egg--the amount you want/ I made one
Parmesan cheese
salt and pepper

I cooked the mushrooms until tender with a bit of coconut oil and getting the nice brown look. I made a hole in the center and dropped the egg adding salt and pepper and sprinkling with Parmesan.  Then I covered the skillet with a top and turned it on a low type setting for about ten minutes until the egg was as desired.

No comments: