Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Fettuccine with wilted greens, chicken

This was from Southern living Mag---made it tonight and this is a picture of some of the left overs. It was tasty. (I used gluten free noodles for myself and regular ones for my hubby)

1 16 oz box fettuccine
8 chicken cutlets (about 2 1/2 lbs---I just used 4 skinless boneless breast )
1 tsp of salt if desired
1/2 tsp pepper
1 cup all purpose flour (I used my gluten free pancake mix!)
1/2 cup olive oil
2 sweet onions, thinly slice (I used one big one)
2 8oz packages sliced fresh mushrooms (I used one package and one can)
2 tsp minced garlic
1/2 cup chicken broth
1 cup dry white wine
1 tsp salt if desired
1 tsp pepper
2 packages of fresh spinach, each 9 oz
freshly grated Parmesan cheese


1. Cook pasta---drain and put in dutch oven and keep warm
2. sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper if desired and dredge in flour.
3. Saute chicken in hot oil till done. Remove and keep warm.
4. Add onions, mushrooms, garlic and saute 5-7 min until lightly browned. Stir in broth and wine, and salt if desired and pepper .
5. Cook 3-5 min or until liquid is reduced by half--stirring once and a while.
6. Add mushroom mixture and spinach to pasta in dutch oven, tossing to coat. Cook uncovered, over medium-low heat 4-6 minutes until greens are wilted. spoon into a serving dish, and top evenly with chicken and Parmesan cheese.

ps. this is not too good left over--eat it fresh!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds heavenly. Will have to try!

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Hey, thanks for the crockpot tips on your cooking blog! I'm motivated to try to cook more meals in mine instead of just meats & soups. You have a lot on here so I'll definitely try some of them. sounds great! I have noticed my new crockpot cooks hotter than the old ones (I had heard that!), so I hope I don't run into problems with things overcooking. So far, it's been fine, but I just noticed some soup I had on low was boiling & it never did that before!

Rhoda

PattieJ said...

This sounds de-lish!! so do the rest of the recipes you have posted. I bookmarked your blog so I can try some of these yummy recipes!

Pattie

Sandy said...

Fun finding your site - and this recipe looks delic!
Sandy :)