Monday, January 18, 2021

Rice pudding cake GF




This is a very different cake.  More like a firm rice pudding. The recipe is a British recipe and I had to guess on the conversions; Here is the link https://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/rice_pudding_cake_with_84020

I am going to place what I used for ingredients , but go to the link for the actual British measurements and directions.

INGREDIENTS

3/4 cup arborio rice

1 and 1/4 pints of full fat milk (I used some coconut milk--the drinkable kind-not much fat , lol)

1/4 teaspoon of fine sea salt

1 lemon, zest, and 2 tsp lemon juice

1/3 cup unsalted butter, plus a bit more for greasing the pan

3 large eggs, separated

1/3 cup caster sugar (I didn't have-I blended regular sugar to a finer size)

2 teaspoons vanilla extract

nutmeg for grating (I didn't have--I used nutmeg seasoning)


For the sauce (I didn't have the ingredients so I used a bit of cherry pie filling)

7 oz seedless raspberry jam

2 tbsp lemon juice

dash raspberry liqueur


The directions are long so go to the link.  You need an eight inch springform pan



 

No comments: