I found this on line somewhere and the lady named Bev said she got it from a cook book , I believe. I think this was from Food.com It came out very tender and it was very easy. It will serve about 5 . We have not had corned beef for years, but decided to have this tradition this week and we had it early!
- 4 cups hot water
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar (I used some white wine vinegar)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 large onions, cut into quarters
- 3 lbs corned beef brisket ( with spices)
- 8 small white potatoes or 8 small yellow potatoes, scrubbed and cut into quarters
- 1 head cabbage, cored and cut into 10 wedges ( about 1 1/2 pounds)
- Directins:Combine the water vinegar, sugar, pepper and onions, in a 6 qt crock pot and mix well.
- Place corned beef and contents of spice packet in the mixture.Scatter the potatoes over the top and along the sides.Cover and cook on high heat setting 4 hours.
- Remove the lid and scatter the cabbage wedges over the top.Cover and continue cooking on high 3-4 hours longer, or until beef is tender.To serve, carve the beef into slices against the grain and serve with the cabbage and potatoes, with some of the cooking liquid spooned on top of the beef to keep it moist.
Ps. I cooked some carrots to go with this