Monday, October 29, 2007

Favorite Crockpot Oatmeal

Bob's makes a gluten free oat if you need this.
This is my favorite oatmeal recipe. It cooks at night while you sleep. It is very creamy and like a bread pudding in consistency---you wake up with this wonderful smell wafting throughout the house.
(3-4 servings)
1 cup oats (the old fashioned ones)
2 and1/2 cups of milk (This works with water as well--only use less water--more like 2 )
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 Tab. of butter
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 finely chopped apple (without skin and core)
1/2 cup raisins (I use one of the little boxes--it might be more like 1/4 cup
Grease the inside of Crock pot (I use the small crock--about 2 or 2 and1/2 quart size. Throw all ingredients inside Crock and mix well . Cover and cook on low for 8 or 9 hours. Stir before serving. Add a little cold milk when serving. You can use water in the recipe instead of milk--the consistancy will be a bit different, but equally good)
Note: all kinds of variations are possible--I love it plain made with water and maple syrup toooooooo!
To clean the pot afterwards just fill with hot water and set on high for 20 or 30 minutes--cleans up in a flash.

6 comments:

Chip said...

Looks yummy. I may try it.

PS: There's a really good Italian restaurant here that serves gluten free pasta!

Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage said...

OMG! I can not wait to make this. My husband starts work at 4am so this would be great to put on the night before. I only have the large crock pot do you think that would work? well I am going to go now so I can look at more yummy receips.
Thank-you have a blessed evening
ginger

Laura Lee said...

Hi again!

Here is is nearly 11 PM and I am going to put this in the crock pot for breakfast tomorrow.

I won't be able to sleep for thinking about it.....

Laura Lee said...

Oh, this was So-o-o good! I'll be making it often.

Laura Lee said...

This is my new favorite breakfast. I make it at least once a week.

Laura Lee said...

My husband loves this and requests it often.